Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Sunday, January 22, 2023

Instant Pot Juicy and Tender 5 Spice Soy Chicken



































Psalm 20:6


    [6] Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;

        he will answer him from his holy heaven

        with the saving might of his right hand.





2-3 lbs Chicken parts of your choice


Overnight Marinade 

1/2 c low sodium Soy sauce

1/2 c Mirin (Chinese cooking wine)

2 T brown sugar

1 t whole peppercorns (I used black)

1 t 5 spice powder 

2 bay leaves 

3 T of pickled Ginger 

1/2 medium onion

3 T Roasted garlic

2 whole scallions 

Make and put in gallon zip lock.

Add chicken parts, burp bag, seal, refrigerate overnight.


Remove chicken parts.

Reserve liquid part of marinade.

Dry chicken with paper towels.

Sear in olive oil until golden.

Remove.

Pour water in pot to de-glaze.

Dry out, add rack.

Place chicken on top of rack, add liquid marinade.

Set to pressure, set meat to 25 minutes.

Release pressure after 15 minutes. 

Serve with sauce ladled over.

Temp should be 165-170 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment