Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Juicy Roasted Chicken































Awesome is God from his sanctuary; the God of Israel-he is the one who gives power and strength to his people. Blessed be God!  - Psalm 68:35




1 package of Chicken breast with rib meat it had 5 but they were huge
1 package of Chicken legs, it was 15 or so
I bought mine at Sam's club and there were a lot of pieces but I plan on freezing it and sharing it.

Brine
4 c water
1/4 c sugar 
1/4 c maple syrup 
1/8 c kosher salt
2 T smoked paprika
2 T thyme
2 T black pepper
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
Double if using a lot of Chicken.

Bring to boil, cool with ice cubes.
Submerge chicken.
I use a huge zipper bag made by Hefty.
Sit bag into pan.
Refrigerate for 1-2 days.
Dry chicken after removing from brine.
Add rub to chicken by sprinkling with fingers, then drizzle with clarified butter or olive oil and bake.
I used disposable pans, lightly crumble foil to hold racks.

Steam liquid
Fill pan with 1 c water, 1 c red wine, a garlic chunk, 1/2 lemon cut into chunks and 1 chopped onion.
Place chicken on rack.

Rub
2 T fennel seed, I buy mine at Fresh Market
2 T black pepper
2 T thyme
Double if using a lot of chicken 
Grind in coffee grinder 

Bake
Preheated 450 degree oven for 40 minutes them 350 degrees for 30, internal temp should be 165 breast and 170 leg.
If chicken temp is not high enough turn back up to 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
Chicken should be golden brown.
This chicken is so moist and flavorful.
Let rest 10 minutes, covered with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment