Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Monday, September 12, 2016

Instant Pot Mexican Pulled Beef






Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.  - Psalm 42:11



1 lb. chunks of beef cut from a chuck roast, I buy a two pack from Costco and cut up and freeze
2 T Ghee, clarified butter
1/2 t Ancho chili powder
1/2 t Cumin 
1/2 t paprika 
Few turns cracked black pepper
1 Leek, chopped
1/4 c Cilantro, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 Celery stalk
1/4 c Whiskey
2 T Tomato paste 
1 T liquid smoke, mesquite flavor
1 Roasted jalapeño, seeded and chopped 
1 heaping teaspoon of chicken base seasoning
1/4 c mango, chopped
1/4 c water


Add ghee to instant pot.
Heat the instant pot on the sauté setting.
Put the beef in a bowl.
On a plate squirt the tomato paste, add all the seasonings, mix and then add to the meat and toss, making sure the meat is covered.
Set aside.
When the pot is heated, sauté meat, then add veggies, cilantro, mango, whiskey, liquid smoke and water. 
Sauté for 5 minutes.
Cut off pot and change setting to meat/stew, pressure to on setting and set time to 45 minutes. 
The aroma of this cooking was incredible and the taste was so good.
I served mine with tostada chips and fresh mango salsa but it would be good served on crusty bread!


No comments:

Post a Comment