Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Meatball Lasagna





The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. 2 Timothy 4:18



Bake 375 degrees.

Meat sauce:

1 large package of Publix meatballs or 2 pgks Walmart Parmesan meat balls
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 t roasted garlic, mashed
1/2 c Fresh basil, chopped
3 ice cube of Fresh spicy oregano, I froze mine from my plants back in the summer
1 c Parmesan
1/2 c Jim Beam
1 T coarse smoked salt

Sauce:
1 Prego Traditional Sauce, 45oz
22 oz water

White layer:
40 oz Cottage cheese
3 eggs
1/2 c Mascarpone 
Salt and pepper
1/2 c Parmesan cheese

1 lb shredded Mozzarella  

Lasagna noodles, cooked 8 minutes


13x9 pan covered lightly with foil 25 minutes, then uncovered 25 minutes.

In a large cast iron Dutch oven, add a tiny amount of olive oil to sauté onions and peppers. Add meatballs and as they brown, mash with a potato masher. When browned add whiskey, then sauce and water.

To assemble:
Spoon a light layer of sauce on bottom.
Follow with noodles which I cut to fit pan, white sauce, mozzarella, meat sauce and then noodles, repeat to top of pan.
End with Parmesan and mozzarella.
Let it sit for 15 minutes before you cut it.
We ate the small one and froze the other.

This made 1 pan of 3-layer 13x9 lasagna and 1 pan 2-layer 13x9 pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment