Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yummy Restaurant Style Mac and Cheese

                                                                                                                




1 lb elbow macaroni
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
1/2 stick of butter cut into chunks
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (medium or sharp, or a combination) I used colby/jack


Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 350.
2 Cook pasta according to pasta directions just until done.
3 Combine soup, evaporated milk, butter, salt, and pepper in a large microwaveable bowl. Cover, leaving a small vent, and cook for 6-7 minutes until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm-to-hot throughout. (If making a half batch, 4 minutes in the microwave should do it).
4 In a large baking dish (minimum 9x13, smaller if halving the recipe), spread 1/3 of the cooked noodles. Top with 1/3 of the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheddar.
5 Repeat layers twice, ending with the cheese.
6 Bake for 40-45 minutes.
7 Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I all your posts though. This could be the recipe I have been looking for; looks yummy! Mac and cheese is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I made this yesterday and it was a big hit! Makes a lot, might want to half the recipe! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete