Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, June 24, 2011

Hush Puppies

                                                                                                                         




Thanks Justin Wilson for the recipe.
Deep fat for frying
Ground cayenne pepper
1 c Buttermilk
1 c Green onion, finely chopped
1 c Plain flour
1 ts Baking powder
1 ts Salt
1/2 c Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 ts Garlic powder (to taste)
1/2 ts Soda
2 c Cornmeal
2 tb Bacon drippings, hot
2 Eggs, beaten

48 servings

Combine all dry ingredients.
Add eggs, buttermilk, onions, and oil or bacon drippings. Mix well.
Drop in deep hot fat by spoonfuls and brown on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment