Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Thursday, October 24, 2019

Sous Vide Instant Pot Steak Fajitas


































1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! 
2 O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! 
3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? 
4 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. 
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;  - Psalm 130:1-5


Who knew? I certainly did not know this. 
I just happened to see a guy on YouTube do it. 


I tried it and boy it was delicious! 
Everyone knows that skirt steak is hard to chew but this was not!!
Out of bounds!!


Skirt steak ( I bought a piece that was already trimmed and it cost less than $5.00)  We ate out of it twice!
Salt 
Pepper
Garlic granules 

Thin sliced Bell peppers
Thin sliced Onion
Sliced Tomatoes

Tortillas 
Sour cream
Cheese

Gallon size freezer Ziploc bag

Fill inner Instant pot with hottest tap water.
Add to Instant pot, set to warm setting, then press less button.
Press all air out.
Add seasoned meat to ziploc. 
Submerge in water bath.
Cook, lid on, for 80 minutes.

Remove from ziploc. 
At this point I added more seasoning.
I sprinkled a small amount of toasted cumin powder and smoked paprika.

Add clarified butter and olive oil to iron skillet.
Fry veggies.
Add meat and sear in a hot cast iron skillet.
Cut off skillet and splash some Bourbon on meat. 
Turn back on to just evaporate Bourbon.
Add meat to board and thin slice against the grain.
Serve with toppings and tortillas.



No comments:

Post a Comment