Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Maple Bourbon Pecan Chicken Tenderloins

                                                                                                                                
Ps.83:16 Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O LORD.

This is an ej original recipe!!!
8 Grilled chicken tenderloins, chopped bite size
2 small  roasted sweet potatoes, chopped
1/2 c roasted pecans, chopped
1/2 c dried cranberries
Package of Uncle Ben’s brown and wild rice

Chicken marinade
1/3 c lemon juice
1/3 c soy sauce
1 T honey


Marinade chicken for 30 min., grill.
Roast sweet potatoes.
Roast pecans.
Prepare rice according to directions on pgk.
Prepare sauce.


Maple Bourbon Sauce
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tbs. bourbon
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 Tbs. soy sauce
Pinch cayenne

Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by about one-third, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
This glaze can be made ahead and kept refrigerated for days.


Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Dice 2 sweet potatoes; mix with salt and pepper and olive oil to coat. Place in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes and cook until slight browning occurs.

Assemble
To assemble, place the prepared brown wild rice in a casserole dish. In layers add grilled chopped chicken, cooked chopped sweet potatoes, chopped pecans, and dried cranberries. Drizzle the maple bourbon sauce reduction over the chicken and veggies.

8 comments:

  1. How many servings does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I make this dish, I use 8 tenderloins. I should have put that in the recipe. I use 2 small sweet potatoes. This recipe serves 5-6 people.

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with the Lean Cuisine Chicken Pecan so I was looking for a recipe that might be similar. Can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lean Cuisine meal contains white and wild rice and also apples. Have you tried it with either?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wanda, thanks for your input. I have not tried white rice and apples. Sounds good though!! This was just my hack so feel free to adjust according to your taste. That is the fun thing about cooking, sharing ideas, hope you enjoy my recipes!!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried apricots? They play well with these ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Robin I have not, but sounds delicious!!!

      Delete