Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chocolate Brandy Cherries

                                                                                                                   
1 large container of stemed Maraschino cherries(Sam's club)
1 box of Wilton's ready to used rolled white fondant (Michael's)
liqueur of your choice ( I have used Whiskey and Creme Sherry) my next choice will be Black cherry liqueur
Ghirardelli dipping chocolate
parchment lined cookie sheet

Drain 1/2 of the cherry juice and reserve for another use. Add liqueur to cherries and cure for 2 weeks (in refrigerator). Cherries must be well dried or the fondant will melt. Drain cherries on a towel(reserve juice for cakes and such) and rotate to be sure to get all the moisture. I usually drain my cherries for several hours. Separate fondant into manageable pieces, keeping unused fondant in a sealed ziplock, pinch off a marble size piece and roll between fingers to flatten, needs to be the size to fit around the cherry. Do in batches, a batch is what ever amount fits on the cookie sheet. Wrap cherries and seal around the stem. Let wrapped cherries dry while you finish your batch. I usually wrap all my cherries and put in the refrigerator. I dip the cherries in batches also. Dipping chocolate will not tolerate any liquid, it looses it's dipping quality. After all cherries are dipped, put in an airtight container and let them cure a couple of days so that the fondant will become creamy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment