Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Friday, September 16, 2011

Freezing Fresh Herbs

                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                                          
Thoroughly wash the herbs and allow to dry. If they are an herb where you just use the leaf (like rosemary or oregano), then trim the leaves off the stems. For parsley, cilantro, dill, etc. I leave the stems intact and just cut off the ends near the base.
If just using the leaves, throw them as is into the Ziploc bag. If using the whole herb, roughly chop them (I simply lay on cutting board and just cut into 1-2 inch pieces) and put them in the bag. Squish all the air out and label using marker. Place in freezer .
When ready to use, simply break off/take out the amount you need and chop as needed. Love having fresh herbs all year! Also, if I need to buy herbs from the grocery store, I use this method to preserve whatever I didn't use right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment