Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oven Pulled Pork

                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

1 pork roast (shoulder or butt)
1 jar Creole Butter Injectable Marinade(comes with the injector)
1 (2) litre Dr. Pepper
rub of your choice (you can find my rub recipe on this blog)

I used a large pork butt, bone in, which I cut into three chunks. I injected the whole jar of the creole butter into the large chucks, I used the mild flavor. You do not have to wait but one hour before you start cooking.
I used foil pans which I doubled, for strength, and I put two cups of Dr. Pepper in the bottom of the pan. Pat a generous amount of rub on top and sides of the chunks. I put the bone in chunk in a pan and the two smaller boneless chunks in a pan. Seal tightly with foil. I cooked mine on 350 degrees for 3 hours and then on 300 degrees for 3 more hours. The pork was really good and easy to pull. If you have time, it would be good to smoke them on the grill before you cook them in the oven. I missed the smoke flavor but these were still mighty tasty, so tender and juicy!! I freeze the left overs for use in my gumbo recipe, found on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment