Hey Ya'll

I love to cook. It is an expression of love for me. I hope you will enjoy the recipes I post. May the Lord bless and keep each of you!



Prov. 31:15 She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.

You can find me on Pinterest!!















Monday, January 10, 2011

Spinach Queso Knock Off from J Alexanders

                                                                                                      







1lb Velveeta Mexican Cheese(cubed)
12 ounces cream cheese(cubed)
3 tomatoes (chopped)
1 bunch green onions (chopped)
1-2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 c fresh cilantro (chopped)
1/2 c fresh parsley (chopped)
black pepper (to taste)
white pepper (to taste) optional
1 frozen creamed spinach(I used Green Giant)
1/2 t olive oil

Saute garlic, pepper and onions in olive oil. Melt cheeses in bowl in microwave for 2 minutes, stir, then repeat by 1 minute intervals until melted. Microwave the creamed spinach as per instructions. Add to cheese mixture. Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the cheese. Eat with crunchy taco chips or baked flour tortillas basted with olive oil, garlic salt which have been cut into triangle shapes.

10 comments:

  1. I made this and it didn't have enough "heat" (spicy). I guess I could have put another jalapeno. Also I didn't like the fresh tomatoes in it because it made it to firm and chunky. Instead, I think I would simplify this recipe by putting in 2 cans of Rotel, which would add tomatoes and spicyness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camden, there are so many ways to make a recipe your own! Thanks for taking the time to share so others can try your suggestions. I love spicy too but the grand babies want eat things that are too hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't this used to have artichokes? Seems like they changed the recipe a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that is a very good question! I can not remember this recipe having artichokes but that is the nice thing about cooking and using other's recipes, you can change what you want. I think this idea would be a delicious addition. Let me know if it's a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked at J's for a couple years. While this is sorta close it's definitely not right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really came close but you are right, it's a knock off! It would be awesome if you would share the real recipe!!! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a vegetarian and was told the last time I ordered their queso dip that there was chicken stock in the recipe. Ask next time you are in! But that might help get it a lttle closer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip, will give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. J Alexanders did does not have any spice to it. It does not have tomatoes or Jalepeno or cloves or cilantro or parsley or even green onions. I just came from there and inspected it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment. As with any recipe, when you make it your own, you make changes according to your preferences.I have made another attempt that you might like to try.

    ReplyDelete